Senior Data/Computer Scientist/Engineer
SeLux is poised to disrupt the $65BN in vitro diagnostic market with a reagent amplifier platform that sharply increases diagnostic test sensitivities and speeds. Our first market is clinical microbiology where the SeLux technology will reduce time required for infected patients to receive personalized, targeted antibiotic therapies by delivering rapid antibiotic susceptibility test (“AST”) results.
We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced Data/Computer Scientist/Engineer, with specific expertise in applying and optimizing machine learning algorithms to new diagnostic paradigms and making informed technical decisions by mining and interpreting large data sets. The successful applicant will be a hard-working, dedicated individual who has a desire to change how healthcare is delivered. He/She will lead software development that will power new generation of in vitro diagnostic devices. He/She must have a strong track record of creative and innovative problem solving in technical environments as well as a desire to grow by working on a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, multidisciplinary team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing machine learning algorithms for automated decision making, UI software and database that will be the core to the SeLux system. He/She will be responsible for working with our external FDA team to establish design and quality control and ensure compliance for the FDA process. The ideal candidate will have/be:
· An MS/PhD in Quantitative Field (computer science, bioinformatics, mathematics, physics…)
· 3+ years of hands-on industry experience with in vitro diagnostics and medical devices
· Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures and software design (C++, C#, Python/Matlab)
· Demonstrated expertise of machine learning and data mining concepts
· Experience with database languages (e.g. SQL)
· Ability to write well documented production level code is a plus
· Proficiency with medical device industry standard practices for software development is a plus
· A track record of creative, independent thinking leading to novel products
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and a proven ability to work well on a team
· A strong desire to learn and succeed and play a key role in developing new technologies
· Passion about a start-up that aims to change industry and how healthcare is delivered!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Please Email your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org