Senior Microbiologist position:
SeLux is developing a phenotypic antibiotic susceptibility testing platform that uniquely breaks the current trade-offs between speed, cost, reliability, and antibiotic menu size. We are looking for a creative, thoughtful, dedicated microbiologist with a drive to change the current state-of-the-art in antibiotic susceptibility testing. This individual must also have a desire to grow professionally by working on a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, multidisciplinary team. He/she should be an experienced researcher with the desire expand his/her expertise to include clinical microbiology.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a highly motivated and independent individual to join our team. The candidate will be responsible for performing, troubleshooting, and optimizing the assays that are core to the SeLux technology. This will include devising and executing experiments to elucidate mechanisms of resistance and induced resistance and working with the internal microbiology team and SeLux’s world-class scientific advisors. He/She will report to our lead microbiologist. The ideal candidate will have/be:
· A PhD in Microbiology, or a related field
· Strong research background in bacteriology and biochemistry
· Experience with multidrug-resistant bacterial pathogens
· Detailed understanding of antibiotic resistance mechanisms and antibiotic effects on microorganism growth
· A demonstrated ability to design experiments and do careful and meticulous experimentation
· A desire to play a key role in developing new technologies
· An independent thinker and problem-solver, who is an enthusiastic and collaborative professional
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and proven ability to work well in a team environment
· Knowledge of or experience in clinical microbiology is a plus
· Passion about an early-stage start-up that aims to change industry and how healthcare is delivered!
If you are interested in learning more about this unique opportunity, please email Kelly Flentie at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!